This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Theme Author 1 week, 4 days ago.

new installation questions

• I am about to install the theme to a subdomain and im reading the docs and I have some questions.

1- about demo import, “Go to Appearance -> Import Demo Data and Select needed dummy data.” there is a bunch of files inside the demo-data folder.. which one do i select? I want the look to be like ‘home standard’ so how do i go about importing dummy data for that?

2- i have an existing wordpress site that has lots of blog posts, is there a way for me to export those blog posts and import them to this new theme? how do i go about doing that?

Hello,

1. You need to select files if you need not some data e.g widgets, theme options, etc. So, if you need full demo import just click to import and wait for finish.
    2. Surely, you can export your posts and media, aftere there go to your fresh installation and use one click demo import plugin, for this case you need to select exported file from previous step.

So, if i right understand, you need fresh installation with your posts and looks from our demo and you need just Home Standard page.
    For this you need:
    1. Install theme and recommended plugins
    2. Export your posts and import to new installation
    3. Import theme options, go to One click demo import and select customizer.dat from demo-data directory
    4. Import widgets like in previous step but use file widgets.wie from demo-data directory
    5. Go to revolution slider and import home_posts_slider.zip from demo-data folder
    6. Create new page and insert following code by using classic content editor -> tab text, when you have inserted code you can select backend editor for Visual Composer.

[vc_row full_width="stretch_row_content_no_spaces" css=".vc_custom_1532518944844{margin-bottom: 47px !important;padding-right: 65px !important;padding-left: 65px !important;}"][vc_column][rev_slider_vc alias="home_posts_slider"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="3/4" css=".vc_custom_1531479198601{padding-right: 40px !important;}"][recentposts num="6" orderby="date" order="DESC" thumbsize="post-thumbnail" content_size="false" pagination="true" ignore_featured="true" ignore_sticky_posts="true"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/4" el_id="sidebar" css=".vc_custom_1532021660467{padding-right: 15px !important;padding-left: 15px !important;}"][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id="blog-widgets"][/vc_column][/vc_row]

However if you import full demo you need to remove unused pages and posts and medias and menus, but in this case it’s more easy. Just click to import demo -> remove unused pages/posts/media -> import your posts and media

thank you for the quick reply. Yeah what i want to do is import the full demo with standard homepage look and the menu and everything and then export the blog posts from the old site and import them to the new installation using child theme. then i can go and edit the menus and other info and customize it.

SO i can first instal theme and child theme and activate child theme and then import full demo and THEN after i can remove unused pages/posts/media and then import blog posts from my old site? ok thank u

ok so i made sure my php limits are correct and installed the child theme and installed all the plugins and they all went fine and then clicked on full import and it took few minutes and said it was successful but with error and got this in the log, is this gonna cause any problems and how do i fix it? the home page looks all weird now https://i.imgur.com/T86hpkX.png

i coped the error parts from the log below

New AJAX call!
    [WARNING] Failed to import "": Invalid post type mc4wp-form

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

---Importing widgets---
    Blog Widgets : 

rima-AboutMe - About me - Imported
    rima-Slider Posts - No Title - Imported
    rima-Instagram - Instagram - Imported
    rima-Subscribe - No Title - Imported
    Categories - No Title - Imported

wpmm : Sidebar does not exist in theme (moving widget to Inactive)

rima-Mega Menu Posts - No Title - Imported to Inactive
    Custom HTML - No Title - Imported to Inactive
    Text - No Title - Imported to Inactive

default_template : Sidebar does not exist in theme (moving widget to Inactive)

rima-Subscribe - No Title - Imported to Inactive

contact-me : Sidebar does not exist in theme (moving widget to Inactive)

rima-AboutMe - About me - Imported to Inactive

---Importing customizer settings---
    Customizer settings import finished!
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  vog-tp.

Oops I forgot to copy/paste a few lines in the above error log. here is the complete one

---Downloaded files---
    The import files for: Full Demo Import were successfully downloaded!
    Initial max execution time = 180
    Files info:
    Site URL = (i removed this so public cant see)
    Data file = (i removed this so public cant see)/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/rima/framework/import/demo.xml
    Widget file = (i removed this so public cant see)/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/rima/framework/import/widgets.wie
    Customizer file = (i removed this so public cant see)/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/rima/framework/import/customizer.dat
    Redux files:
    not defined!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

------
    New AJAX call!

---Importing widgets---
    Blog Widgets :

rima-AboutMe - About me - Imported
    rima-Slider Posts - No Title - Imported
    rima-Instagram - Instagram - Imported
    rima-Subscribe - No Title - Imported
    Categories - No Title - Imported

wpmm : Sidebar does not exist in theme (moving widget to Inactive)

rima-Mega Menu Posts - No Title - Imported to Inactive
    Custom HTML - No Title - Imported to Inactive

default_template : Sidebar does not exist in theme (moving widget to Inactive)

rima-Subscribe - No Title - Imported to Inactive

contact-me : Sidebar does not exist in theme (moving widget to Inactive)

rima-AboutMe - About me - Imported to Inactive

---Importing customizer settings---
    Customizer settings import finished!

---pt-ocdi/after_import---
    Slider processed

So, it’s not a problem “[WARNING] Failed to import “”: Invalid post type mc4wp-form” It’s says that no mailchimp plugin and form for this plugin can’t be imported. Don’t worry, you can create form anytime.

So, regarding broken page on screenshot it looks like you did not install or activate Visual composer plugin. Check it please.

ooh weird! i thought i installed all plugins and activated them but WPBakery Page Builder was not activated, so after doing that it fixed most of the problems in the home page. but there is a weird issue with padding and spacing. this is the demo site null
    and this is my site.. null do u have an idea why its doing that?

Check if you have any js error on your page. Also if you provide url with dashboard details it will be easy to detect problem.

how can i send you the dashboard details and url privately? i also need help with the mega menu because i followed the instructions on the documentation and it didnt work. Now when i try to do it again i dont see the ‘rima-Mega Menu Posts’ to drag and drop in the row.. and thank you for helping

and no js errors. i did notice thing in my version and it has diff values in the demo site null

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  vog-tp.

Please send site url and wordpress dashboard details on our email.

ok i did

thank you for helping me with the issues i was having and putting the mega menu on the site! i really appreciate it. I have another problem im trying to figure out.
    i added some new categories from the dashboard.. but when i try to create a new ‘rima categories’ box in the home page i dont see the new categories i added in the drop down null null

i turned off caching and used a new incognito window as well to see maybe it wasnt refreshing but still no luck.. i guess i could use an existing category and then change the label and then edit the category and update the name of them to suite what i want..

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  vog-tp.

Hi, there are no problem with categories, when you create category you need to assign at least one post.

ooh okay so they will show up only if they are active categories! One more question, how do i edit the contact mega menu text? that says “Collaborations
    For any commercial queries related to advertising, modelling, sponsorship or collaborations, please contact via contact form.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.